In this dish I have mixed the best of my heritage (Italian and Greek). The Koulourakia biscuits, from Christopher’s cake shop (used as the base) are a known Greek Easter tradition, and the ricotta from Randwick deli is a family favourite used in lots of my Nona’s cooking.
500g Koulourakia biscuits (Christopher’s Cake Shop)
150g Unsalted butter
500g Ricotta (Randwick Deli)
250g Cream cheese
½ cup caster sugar
2tsp Vanilla essence
½ lemon rind
Chocolate eggs & flake chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven at 160/140 degrees Fan cook. Place baking paper at the base of a springform pan.
- Blitz biscuits in a processor (or crush with rolling pin). Add melted butter and mix together.
- Firmly press biscuit base into the pan with the back of a spoon, make sure it is level. Refrigerate.
- Using an electric mixture, beat together the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence. In another bowl, using the electric mixture beat together an egg. Add the egg into the ricotta mixture and beat together until soft. Sprinkle in lemon rind and also mix in.
- Pour mixture onto biscuit base and sprinkle with cinnamon on top. Bake in oven for 50 minutes. Once cooked wait until it is cooled before refrigerating overnight to set.
- Decorate with chocolate eggs, bunnies and sprinkle flake chocolate on top.